Monday, May 2, 2011

Yummy!

Mealtime is one of Bailey's favorite times of the day! All 3 of them...except when I leave Daddy with Peas/Carrots/Spinach mix.... He calls today to say "What the heck is this junk?" "She won't eat this..she is looking at me like I am evil!" I guess I am mean cause I kinda just make her eat them. I give her 2 bites of yummy fruit then 2 bites of awful green stuff. She hates anything green (except avocado). She will smile and gobble the fruit down then throw a fit at the green stuff.  "They" say a baby has to eat something like 14 times or something to develop the taste for it... She has had peas more than 14 times and they are not getting any better for her! Jared is on her side- he hates all things green as well. He will only eat green beans from a can. My pantry is stocked full of green beans. I will pretty much eat any veggie and I feel like she should eat them too! Any advice on getting the green stuff down? She is so cute lately too. When I sneak in the green stuff she catches on and will turn her head in a snobbish way. Then I let her lips touch the fruit and she turns back around!
We are still crawling around like crazy and loving the new independence! She will sit and play on the floor for a good while! Once again I can honestly say I am loving this stage! 7 months next week!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE PICTURE! I love that you keep trying. I got lucky with a kid who likes his greens (and green beans are definitely a favorite around here too). There are some you can't trick them into, I guess... Adam flung his head so fast when I tried to give him some asparagus today that I couldn't help but laugh.

    ReplyDelete