Friday, February 25, 2011

Stranger Anxiety

Bailey has developed a bit of stranger anxiety or perhaps separation anxiety..... She will not let anyone but Daddy and I hold her! Both Grandmas can hold her if they let her get used to them first but they are about the only 2 people she will go to... It is rough! I take her to the church nursery on Thursday nights for my bible/book study and she HATES it! This week when we walked in she knew immediately what was going to happen. She took one look at those ladies and started screaming her head off! I feel like she is too young to remember but I know for sure she knew! My brother Matt tried and tried Wednesday night to hold her and she threw a fit each time! As soon as she gets back into one of our arms she is completely happy and content! (I secretly love the feeling of knowing I am her comfort)
I always said "I will pass my baby around so she will be used to people." " I want my baby to go to anyone!" Ha! She has a mind of her own! I feel like we did a great job of letting people hold her it's just that she stays home with us all day every day so we are all she knows! I hope she gets past this phase soon. I think she is hurting people's feelings.
I never did update on how her 4 month appt went and she is almost 5 months. She weighed in at 13.75 lbs and was 27 inches long! The Dr said she was doing great! She is very social- despite not letting people hold her. She will smile and talk to people all day as long as they don't try to grab her! She is loving all her home made baby food. We tried bananas and avocado tonight and she was like a little bird trying to reach for a worm. It is the cutest thing to see her eat!

4 comments:

  1. I love when A does the baby bird. I made blueberry plum the other night and her went nuts! He has had some separation anxiety lately too... Not fun. But it is getting better already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry about hurt feelings. she's a baby!! now if Ky did that I'd worry. But Bailey's excused! AND adorable even when she's screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanner started doing that when she was about two weeks old and didn't stop till she was.....three?? Maybe four?? Shoot, maybe even five!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go on making your own baby food!!! that was something that i wanted to do but never did :(

    ReplyDelete