Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's Finally here!!!!

It has taken almost 2 weeks for this first tooth to break the surface!!! It started with a little red spot (like a blood blister). Then the spot disappeared and I thought ok maybe she bumped her gums and that wasn't a tooth. But slowly her gum started to swell and of course she was FUSSY! The swollen gum lasted a good week and finally today I can feel the sharp top of her tooth!
I know it is silly but I was really worried that she wasn't saying "Dadadadada" yet because all the milestone charts said she should have. Somewhere I read that when they get those bottom teeth they start to experiment with new sounds. Sure enough Bailey has been saying "dadadadadadada" all day yesterday and today. She started saying "mamamama" about 2 weeks ago! I guess now we work on her calling us those 2 names!

Bailey went to the Little Gym this past week and had a good time. While it was fun and different I didn't think it was worth the money. I can sing, dance, and exercise at home for free- I was a Pre-K teacher for 5 years...it helps in the singing and finger play category. I even have all the music they had! I did like the idea of her being around other babies but I think I will just make more play dates! We have been getting together with a good friend and her little Colton (2 days younger).

Hanging out with Colton



Peek-A-Boo

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new tooth, Bailey! She's almost caught up to Adam. LOL. Our babies will have great teeth the way they are taking their time with them. :)

    I cannot wait to see you! I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. has the tooth come in anymore? we need an updated pic with her shiny pearl. but that would require for her to sit still and that's not happening! can't wait to see yall this weekend.

    ReplyDelete