Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day on the lake

Jared's parents just bought a new (to them) pontoon boat for the family to enjoy out on the lake. We got to go out on it this past Saturday. I was contemplating whether or not I really wanted to take Bailey. She HAS to have her naps or she is a bit on the cranky side and being on the lake I knew she would def miss her morning nap. We decided to go ahead and try it out to see how she would do (I warned everyone she might become a cranky pants). She did fabulous!!! We got to the lake around 11ish and got right in with the boat. We shoved Bailey into her new life jacket and took off! We had 9 people all together! We took a nice ride out into the lake and then dropped the anchor in the shallows for everyone to enjoy swimming. Kyleigh was brave and swam with everyone. She had been concerned about alligators earlier in the day. haha! I even put Bailey in the water and she enjoyed swimming for about 10 minutes and was ready to get back on the boat. She had a great time just crawling around and cruising around the whole boat. We had lots of snacks to keep her happy! We made awesome sandwiches and enjoyed lunch together. Then little Bailey let us know she was finished. We took another ride on the lake and she fell asleep on my chest. I love when she sleeps on me! They dropped anchor one more time in the deep part and Jared convinced Kyleigh to jump in the "deep end". She was so excited once she did it! We cruised on back to the marina and unloaded! It was a fabulous day on the lake! I'm very excited the Dean's decided to get a new boat- we are def looking forward to many more trips to come!  Unfortunately we forgot the camera so I didn't get any pictures- next time!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Perfect time to buy a boat, it's so hot outside!

    ReplyDelete