Monday, January 3, 2011

Bailey's Firsts!

This time of year was really a fun time to have a baby! We had our first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now New Year's! Christmas was fabulous! Bailey and Kyleigh were both totally spoiled on both sides! We hardly bought Bailey anything and spoiled Kyleigh rotten- this was our first time having Ky on Christmas morning and we wanted it to be special for her! I only got a Bailey a few small toys. I did get her an excersaucer which was supposed to be from Santa. I pulled it out Christmas morning and said "Look what I found for Bailey!" Kyleigh replies " yea I saw that hiding back there last week!" Glad I didn't announce it was from Santa or we would have ruined her Santa fantasy! She did ask why Santa forgot about Bailey~ I came up with a lame excuse that she didn't ask him for anything. It all went over Ky's head!
           Aunt Erin and her 2 nieces!

                                  Cutest Stocking Stuffer!
                                      Kyleigh Christmas morning
               She said the "Easy baking oven is my favorite!"
  Playing in her new Bumbo from Aunt Marie, Uncle Adam, and their kiddos!
                                    Santa's gift to B-Bug!

New Year's Eve was a ton of fun! We went to Jared's families' house for their annual NYE celebration! This year we played Pictionary and the losers had to sing Karaoke. My team won! TWICE! woot woot! We decided to call it a night and head home around 10 to put Bailey to bed. She was starting to fuss a bit. She went down easily but I was on pins and needles as the fireworks began! She slept right through thankfully! The poor dogs weren't nearly as peaceful! They whined all night.


All these firsts have been wonderful! I love having a child of my own to celebrate with! I can't wait for the many more years of celebrating and seeing the wonder in her eyes! The one hard part was not being able to enjoy eating the usual holiday meals! Jared and I have to take turns and each meal is usually rushed so the next one can eat. I know that in the near future though mealtime wont be rushed and I can enjoy it again! lol

4 comments:

  1. glad she loves her bumbo! cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, we are still rushing through mealtimes! I usually have to eat my meal cold, but sometimes DJ does. I know this will get better soon...but it is a bummer sometimes! Good luck, and love the pics of Bailey and Kyleigh...they are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that stocking pic is too dang cute!

    ReplyDelete